We are thrilled to announce that The Dear Women Project is launching an internship program! The project is growing rapidly, and we're looking for a business & marketing intern to join the team in 2017. In this role, interns will enjoy a highly creative and interactive work environment and gain valuable experience in growing & running a small business.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
• local to Chicago
• passionate about women's rights & issues
• available 10-15 hours/week starting ASAP
• a student (preferably studying marketing, PR, or business) able to work for school credit
• able to commit for at least 3 months (ideally more)
AS AN INTERN, you will have the opportunity to:
• Create & implement a social media marketing strategy for the Dear Women Project by managing instagram, facebook, twitter, & pinterest accounts.
• Purposefully track & utilize social media, web, and sales analytics to grow the business.
• Contribute to brand presence by writing blog posts and pitching press ideas around the web.
• Participate in the behind-the-scenes of online retail business by managing production & fulfillment of online orders.
• Gain experience with networking, in-person marketing, & sales by coordinating & attending special events for the Dear Women Project (letter-writing parties, craft shows, etc).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE has the following skills & attributes:
• Interest in & experience with social media & online marketing, especially in the field of creative business
• Tech-savvy & fluent with google apps (drive, gmail, sheets, docs)
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Passionate about women’s rights & issues
• Punctuality & excellent time management skills
• Ability to create images for social media, etc. using Adobe CC (photoshop & illustrator)
• Although not required, candidates familiar with Squarespace and/or Adobe CC (photoshop & illustrator) will receive top consideration.
The final deadline for applications is February 10th, with applications being considered on a rolling basis (we will begin interviews before the deadline).